[gt-user] popen/pipe and parallel transfer
Anton Starikov
2015-06-11 17:43:14 UTC
Hello,

I am trying to combine pipe/popen with gridftp and parallel transfers, but
it doesn't work.

I tried

# globus-url-copy -dst-pipe "remote_command" ......
I tried

# globus-url-copy -dst-fsstack popen:argv="...",ordering ....

they works pretty well with serial transfer, but with parallel transfers (
-p X ) files are corrupted (different md5 sum).
My assumption from reading documentation was that combination of "popen"
and "ordering" should result in correctly ordered stream.

Is there some hidden knowledge, or it just not supposed to work?

Just in case, if I transfer data from remote gridftp as

# globus-url-copy -p X gsiftp://host/path - | md5sum , then md5 is correct.

Thank you,

Anton Starikov